Sleepy Eye Medical Center's physical therapy department provides quality, comprehensive care to assist inpatients and outpatients in achieving their highest level of function. The caring staff of our physical therapy department assists patients who have lost mobility regain and improve their ability to perform daily activities at home, in the community or in physical activity (sports).
We can provide care to restore movement and function to people disabled by disease and injury. We are a multidisciplinary team of experts who will collaborate on your care to create a therapy plan that considers your unique needs, abilities and objectives. Our goal is to quickly restore you to your optimal health.
For more information or to schedule an appointment with physical, occupational or speech therapy, please call 507-794-8466, Monday-Friday, 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Conditions Treated/Services Offered
- Back pain
- CVA (stroke)
- Fall prevention
- Gait/balance dysfunction
- Joint sprains/strains
- LSVT BIG for Parkinson's disease
- Home safety evaluations
- Manual therapy, such as instrument assisted soft tissue mobilization and joint mobilization techniques
- Musculoskeletal dysfunction, such as lower back pain or neck pain
- Neurological dysfunction, such as MS and Parkinson's
- Occupational health including ergonomic recommendations, jobsite assessments
- Pain management
- Pediatric physical therapy
- Personalized treatment plans to reduce the risk of injury in everyday activities
- Post-op surgical rehabilitation
- Pregnancy and back pain
- Strength and conditioning
- Vestibular rehabilitation
- Women's health and incontinence
- Wound care