Sleepy Eye Medical Center’s respiratory therapy department provides a range of therapeutic and diagnostic services to people with heart and lung disorders. Our
licensed respiratory therapist works under the direction of a physician to provide care for individuals with conditions such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, asthma, chronic bronchitis, cystic fibrosis, pulmonary fibrosis, congestive heart failure and pneumonia.
Respiratory Therapy Services
- Consultations as requested by physicians
- Spirometry breathing tests
- Chronic respiratory disease education
- Assistance with C-Section deliveries
- Administering respiratory medications
- Education and instruction of medication delivery devices
- Assistance with non-invasive mask ventilation, CPAP and Bilevel devices used to treat respiratory insufficiency and obstructive sleep apnea
Sleepy Eye Medical Center’s respiratory therapist sees patients two days a week, with the option to call in for additional respiratory consultations as needed. In most cases, a physician order is required. To schedule an appointment with respiratory therapy, call scheduling at 877-794-3691.