At Sleepy Eye Medical Center, we believe healthy sleep is a key ingredient to a healthy life.
We partner with Whitney Sleep Diagnostics and Consultants to offer patients a high quality, AASM (American Academy of Sleep Medicine) accredited sleep medicine program right in Sleepy Eye.
Our program provides diagnostic testing and treatment for patients with all types of sleep disorders, including sleep apnea, restless leg syndrome, insomnia, narcolepsy and others. More specifically, we offer the following sleep services:
- Overnight sleep studies
- Diagnosis, follow-up and treatment of all sleep disorders
- Sleep consultations with a Board Certified Sleep Specialist
- CPAP equipment and supplies (by appointment)
Sleep consultations and studies are available upon referral by your primary care provider. If you have trouble falling asleep, staying asleep or not waking up refreshed, we encourage you to talk with your provider to see if a sleep consultation or sleep study could help.
Sleep Disorder Screening Survey
Do you think you might have a sleep disorder? If you answer “yes” to two or more of the following questions, you could have a sleep disorder and should consider talking with your healthcare provider about a referral for a sleep evaluation or study.
- Do you snore?
- Are you excessively tired during the day?
- Have you been told you stop breathing while you sleep?
- Do you have a history of hypertension?
- Is your neck size greater than 17 inches (male) or greater than 16 inches (female)?
- Do you wake up to use the bathroom more than twice a night?
- Have you ever fallen asleep while driving?