At Sleepy Eye Medical Center, we are committed to improving the lives of our patients and community through quality care.
We value relationships, compassion, stewardship, innovation and excellence in all we do.
From birth to end-of-life care, we focus on providing comprehensive health care to you and your family.
Sleepy Eye Medical Center is an independent hospital owned and operated by the City of Sleepy Eye. The original 28-bed Sleepy Eye Municipal Hospital got its start in March of 1941 when the City Council issued a $75,000 bond for its construction. The hospital then opened in 1942.
Over the years, several renovation and expansion projects have taken place, allowing Sleepy Eye Medical Center to meet the ever-changing health care needs of Sleepy Eye and the surrounding communities. Many of these projects were made possible through the support of local donors.
- In 1961, an addition was built.
- In 1991, the entrance and first floor were renovated.
- On January 1, 2002, the hospital purchased the Sleepy Eye Medical Clinic from the physicians and the Sleepy Eye Medical Center was created.
- In 2004, a second addition was built which now houses the clinic, laboratory, radiology department, business office, and health information department.
- In 2007, a new physical therapy and cardiac rehab department was built in the lower level of the addition.
After more than 75 years of exceptional care, our commitment to quality care continues as our team of compassionate, highly-trained employees strive to improve the lives of patients every day.
We are committed to improving lives by providing quality healthcare to the communities we serve.
- Relationship – We approach all people with respect, humility, confidence and enthusiasm.
- Excellence – Our highest priority is the people we serve.
- Compassion – We recognize and honor the individual needs of our patients by creating a healing and caring environment.
- Stewardship – We are thoughtful stewards of our resources, allowing us to provide for the present and future needs of our patients, employees and community.
- Innovation – We encourage and invest in new ideas through education, technology and adaption to change.