At Sleepy Eye Medical Center, we value the input and feedback of our patients and their loved ones. The Patient and Family Advisory Council partners patients and their families with members of the healthcare team to provide insight and feedback about medical services and the overall patient experience.
Five individuals from the area community currently serve as patient advisors on SEMC’s Patient and Family Advisory Council, meeting on a quarterly basis with SEMC administration and leadership. Meetings are facilitated by SEMC’s Quality Improvement Coordinator but driven by the thoughtful conversations of patient advisors. Some examples of past discussion topics include medication safety, mental health services and personal or familial patient experiences at SEMC.
The Patient and Family Advisory Council exists to:
- Identify patient and family needs and concerns
- Develop programs and policies relevant to those needs and concerns
- Explore areas of growth and enhancement
- Empower patients to become active participants in their own healthcare
- Act as advocates to integrate patient-centered care
- Strengthen community relations
We value your feedback as we strive to enhance the care we provide to patients, their family members and the area community. If you are interested in having an active role in patient-centered care by serving as a patient advisor, please contact Sara Schultz, Quality Improvement Coordinator, at email@example.com or 507-794-8459. Patients of all ages are invited to join the Patient and Family Advisory Council.