The Sleepy Eye Area Chamber of Commerce recognized Sleepy Eye Medical Center as the 2018 Sleepy Eye Business of the Year during an appreciation and recognition luncheon on Thursday, June 7 at SEMC.
This award recognizes a business who fulfills and demonstrates the following criteria.
The business must:
- Be a current member in good standing with the Sleepy Eye Chamber
- Have been in business for at least three years
- Demonstrate a commitment to good business practices
- Show dedication to making Sleepy Eye a better place by giving back to the community
- Support economic development in the Sleepy Eye community
Nominations are made by Sleepy Eye Chamber members and then reviewed and voted on by the Chamber Board of Directors.
According to Christina Andres, Chamber Executive Director, SEMC was nominated with the following words of recommendation:
“The Sleepy Eye Medical Center is a constant community presence through various events, educational offerings and in their support of surrounding businesses. The push for rental bikes to support health and leisure in the community was huge and something to build on. The doctors, nurses and staff are top notch and the pursuit of new technologies (3D mammography plans) and services available is only set to make their patient experience better.”
Andres presented the award to Kevin Sellheim, SEMC Administrator, who recognized SEMC’s staff for their dedicated work with patients and thanked the Chamber and all those in attendance for the award.