For the safety of our patients, staff and community, and per the recommendations of healthcare and government officials, Sleepy Eye Medical Center is cancelling and/or postponing multiple upcoming events. Please refer to the list below for individual event status. For additional event notifications, visit the SEMC Facebook page or SEMC website. A public announcement will be made on these platforms when regular events and support groups resume.
- Pints and Poses, March 23, 2020 – cancelled (refunds to be issued electronically by the end of the month)
- Questions? Contact Mikayla Bruggeman, Community Relations Coordinator, 507-794-8475.
- Community Health Day, March 28, 2020 – postponed indefinitely
- Sleepy Eye Easter Egg Hunt – sponsored by SEMC and SouthPoint Financial Credit Union, April 11, 2020 – cancelled
- Diabetic Education Workshop, April 13-May 18, 2020 – postponed indefinitely
- To receive upcoming workshop information, contact Lynnae Pelzel, Diabetic Educator, 507-794-8489.
- All March and April Support Groups (Breastfeeding Support Group, Toddler Group, Alzheimer’s and Dementia & Dementia Support Group, Caregiver Support Group) – cancelled
- For breastfeeding support, contact Katie Bloedow, Education Coordinator, 507-794-8457, or Chiloe Kottke, Director or Nursing, 507-794-8456.
- For Alzheimer’s or dementia support, contact Mikayla Bruggeman, Community Relations Coordinator, 507-794-8475.
- For caregiver support, contact Sharon Fromm, Licensed Social Worker, 507-794-8497, or Lanna Raatz, Discharge Planner/Swingbed Coordinator, 507-794-8484.
- Spring Prenatal Class, April 22 & 29, 2020 – cancelled
- For prenatal support, contact Katie Bloedow, Education Coordinator, 507-794-8457.
We encourage you to reach out to the above listed contacts should you need remote support or have any questions during this time.